Animal Services Warden Position Information
Now accepting applications! Click here to apply.
Starting Hourly Wage: $14.90
Salary and Benefits
The Fort Smith Police Department offers an exceptional entry-level salary and benefits package. As an employee's career progresses, step raises and opportunities for advancement come into play. Please take a moment to review the benefits outline below. Again, if you have any questions, please contact the FSPD Recruiting Coordinator.
- 10 Days Paid Vacation after the first year
- 96 Hours Sick Leave per year up to 960 hours
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Longevity pay
- Necessary Equipment Furnished
- Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Package
- Employee's Federal Credit Union
- City-provided Retirement Income Plan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Note: All City of Fort Smith positions require the employee to provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other City employees, and have regular and reliable attendance that is non-disruptive. Must show cooperation and respect to fellow employees and supervisors at all times.
- Be an advocate for animal welfare in the City of Fort Smith and conduct themselves in accordance with progressive animal control practices.
- Investigation of animal bite cases until state regulations are met.
- Investigation and follow-up of reported animal cruelty cases, utilizing the assistance of patrol officers or detectives to file report and/or arrest individuals accused of being in violation of state statutes.
- Seizing animals that are in violation of the city ordinances and/or state laws and appropriately charging the owner with the crime.
- Capturing and relocating wild nuisance animals.
- Removal of deceased animals from city property or roadways.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.